Professional Memory Care in the Warmth of a Home
A Care Haven home is a safe, comfortable house specially designed for people with memory loss. It shelters a small community of 8 or fewer residents, who share a warm, family style setting. A professional care team assists this small group round the clock, so each resident continues to enjoy day-to-day life in pleasant, familiar surroundings. Because our six houses cater to different levels of cognitive and physical ability, most residents can live in Care Haven’s homes from Alzheimer’s early through last stages.
Care Haven homes are real homes in quiet, residential neighborhoods. Home means no company yard signs – no cavernous dining rooms – no long halls lined with wheelchairs. It means peace and privacy.
Look about, and you’ll find:
- A comfy recliner in which grandchildren can snuggle through a favorite book
- A cherished lavender quilt and framed family portraits brightening a bedroom
- The aroma of a homemade chicken and dumpling dish baking in the oven
- Someone humming a favorite tune while rolling out cookie dough
For people living in a Care Haven house, This Is Home.
Each Care Haven resident lives at home.
- Not in an oversized split level, now unsafe and difficult to maintain for a senior with dementia
- Not in an institutional facility, overstimulating and confusing
Care Haven delivers the professional assistance and expertise rarely available or affordable in a senior’s or family member’s private residence, together with the individualized care and attention so difficult to provide in a large memory care complex. Day-to-day life in a Care Haven home is overseen by attentive, professional managers. It is guided by a hands-on local owner who makes a point of regularly visiting with residents, their families and staff.
We invite you to share A Day in the Life of a typical Care Haven resident. Could this thorough, sustained oversight be provided by an overworked family caregiver – or by thinly stretched professionals? The close attention of caring, trained staffers working together to support residents, their families and each other – that’s the Care Haven Difference.