Hiring KS-Licensed Nurse, LPN or RN
On-Call, PRN, up to 2 Weekends per Month
Hourly pay range: $22 — $34, depending on experience & credentials
We’re looking for a nurse
- Who truly enjoys working with older adults
- To cover call up to 2 weekends per month (beginning 5 pm Friday and ending 8 am Monday)
Why you’ll love this job
- Great wages, benefits & working conditions
- Premium hourly pay if called in while on call
- Rewarding work with a leading, local owner whose top priority is giving better, more personal care
- Some of the highest staffing levels in senior care, offering you the satisfaction of giving individual attention to our residents and their families
- Respect – ALL our nurses work as a team to oversee healthcare in our homes
- Strong working relationships with a supportive team of dedicated professionals
- The chance to grow with one of KC’s leading residential memory care providers
- Conduct weekend rounds, assessing & responding to daily changes in residents’ health
- Immediately respond to weekend emergencies, including making home visits in the event of illness, falls or similar events
- Coordinate residents’ care with doctors, pharmacies & outside healthcare agencies
- Supervise & manage direct care staff (CMAs & CNAs)
What our nurses say:
We can personalize care, because our local owners invest in better staffing.
They know & respect everyone: employees, residents & residents’ families.
They focus on what’s best for people, not just on making a profit.”“When I’m in a bind, I can call on senior managers or other nurses for support.
The whole staff cares about keeping things running smoothly for our residents.”“Supervisors never ask employees to do something they wouldn’t or couldn’t do themselves. I really respect this management team.”“International flair – our supervisor has a British accent!”
(Yes, they really said that.)
Job qualifications and skills
- LPN or RN, licensed in the State of Kansas
- Experienced (prefer 2 years’ experience providing nursing services to older adults)
- Compassionate, gentle & patient
- Responsible, dependable & self-directed
- Eager to learn more about providing better dementia care
- Flexible – willing to help cover colleagues’ scheduled time off
- Proud to bring thoughtfulness and energy to a close, supportive team
Do you know a nurse who belongs on the Care Haven team?
Please share the link to this page:
A Care Haven Homes Refresher
- Founded in 2005, Care Haven Homes is one of Kansas City’s oldest and largest providers of memory care in small, residential settings.
- We own and operate 6 “Home Plus” Alzheimer’s care homes: 4 in Overland Park and 2 in Leawood.
- Care Haven’s homes are real homes: attractive, ranch-style houses tucked into quiet residential neighborhoods. They’ve been remodeled to create comfortable, secure environments for people living with dementia.
- Each home provides a warm, family-style setting for no more than 8 residents. The resident-to-caregiver ratio typically is 4 to 1.
- Our local owner/operator and management team are dedicated to giving residents what they need, when they need it – with the kindness, dignity and respect they deserve.