Better Alzheimers and Dementia Care, We Promise.
You swore you’d be there when your loved ones couldn’t fend for themselves.
That day has come. But your commitments to others – & the overwhelming demands of care giving – make it impossible to watch over Mom or Dad all day & night.
Who can care for them the way you wish you could?
We can. With some of the best staffing in senior living, we give your loved ones what they need, when they need it – with the kindness, dignity & respect they deserve. 24/7.
THE CARE HAVEN DIFFERENCE: Better Alzheimer’s Care
Mom & Dad will feel at home in our homes. You will, too.
In a smaller setting, we can match activities to individual interests & abilities.
- Attractive, ranch-style houses nestled in quiet, residential neighborhoods (Take a photo tour HERE!)
- Small communities of 8 or fewer residents, sharing the warm, family style setting of a real home
- High staffing levels: typically 1 licensed caregiver per 4 residents, for more individual attention
- The comfort & security of an environment specially designed for people with memory loss
- An attentive, local owner & accessible, approachable management team
If you talk with our owner & managers, you’ll also be struck by the depth of our experience. Care Haven helped pioneer the Alzheimer’s residential care model in the Kansas City area. Our founder, a Certified Dementia Practitioner, has owned & operated our homes for more than a decade. Read more about Neil’s story.
Curious to see what your loved one’s day in a Care Haven home might look like? Take a peek HERE. Then schedule a visit HERE!
7 THINGS YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT CARE HAVEN
- You & your loved one will feel at home. No cavernous dining halls or lonely corridors lined with wheel chairs. Just inviting living rooms, kitchens, dining rooms & decks – like most families share. Enjoy decorating your loved one’s private bedroom with their favorite furnishings & mementoes.
- You’ll both be surrounded by a caring community. Our nurses & caregivers share your highest priority: preserving your loved one’s comfort & dignity. Mom will be treated as a person, not a patient. Dad will enjoy activities tailored to his interests, preferences & abilities. And you’ll get a warm welcome whenever you visit.
- You’ll get lots of attention. With better staffing, our caregivers have the time to get to know every resident and family. They can anticipate wants & quickly respond to needs. Comforting people is their most important job.
- You’ll feel secure. Our homes are specially designed to keep your loved one safe while preserving their independence. Our caregivers know how to help residents embrace the familiar and avoid triggering confusion, anxiety or agitation.
- You can settle in. Our 6 houses cater to different levels of cognitive & physical ability. We offer you more help as your loved one needs it, so you don’t have to search for skilled nursing. Most residents can live in Care Haven’s homes from Alzheimer’s early through last stages.
- You’ll find it easy to visit. Our homes are clustered together in Leawood & Overland Park, a short drive from our Prairie Village headquarters. Each is near a major street & is less than 5 minutes from an interstate highway. (Check out our map.)
- You’ll appreciate predictable expenses. Our flat pricing structure limits additional charges for special programs & services. Fewer a la carte surprises means it’s easier to plan your loved one’s future. (FYI – Many families can offset expenses with long-term care insurance or Veterans Administration benefits.)
BENEFIT FROM OUR EXPERIENCE
Founded in 2005, Care Haven Homes is Johnson County’s oldest and largest provider of memory care in small, residential settings.
See why hundreds of metro families have chosen a Care Haven home for their loved ones:
I am so grateful to finally have my mom in a place where she is happy. I travel a lot and it’s such a comfort knowing she’s healthy, happy & safe.
– Linda Baker Nobles
It is the most kind, caring & compassionate residential home that we could imagine! Mom was so happy here, & the staff is wonderful. Our experience certainly exceeded our expectations!
– Nancy Mayer Minsey
I am so glad to have found Care Haven Homes for my wife. The staff and the care givers are AMAZING. If you have a loved one in need of residential memory care, I tell you without hesitation you will not find a better, safer, more caring setting than Care Haven Homes. . . . It is absolutely the very best place for my wife to be. Did I say the care givers are AMAZING? The care givers are amazing!
– Dan Shehan
My mother was a resident at Care Haven Homes. I can’t begin to express my gratitude to the staff for their loving care. From easing her arrival by making her favorite meal to providing a warm & loving presence during her last days. Mom enjoyed the wonderful home cooked meals, the stimulating activities & beautiful surroundings. Her caregivers became her new best friends. Not only was the staff respectful of my mother but of me. I was consistently informed of any issues that arose and was warmly welcomed whenever I visited.
– Maryanna Adelman
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM AN EXPERT?
- A comforting approach that minimizes confusion, anxiety & agitation
- A physical environment & operating philosophy that promote dignity, independence & safety
- Trained, licensed care staff on duty round the clock
- Nutritious, home-cooked meals & snacks
- Bathing, dressing & grooming assistance
- Laundry & housekeeping services
- Health care overseen by nursing staff
- Nurse on call for 24-hour emergency response
- Health, diet, medication & continence management
- Coordination of home health & hospice services
- Meaningful, individualized daily activities
- Medical alert & fire alarm systems, emergency generators, secured yards & exit doors
Our 5 nurses work together to direct healthcare in our homes. One is available for emergency response round the clock.
We also offer a wide range of optional medical & personal services in our homes. These include
- In-home geriatric care
- Pharmacy services
- Lab services
- Dental services
- Transport services
- Adult continence supply program
- On-site hair stylist
WE KNOW THE RIGHT CARE IS HARD TO FIND – Let Us Help
Courtney Goin, our Community Liaison, knows all about local memory care resources. She’s happy to help as you begin to plan for your loved one’s long-term care.
Tell us more about what you’re looking for, so we understand your unique needs & concerns.
If our customized care isn’t what you’re looking for, we’re happy to point you in the right direction.
If a phone call is more convenient than completing our contact form, please feel free to call Courtney Goin, our Community Liaison, at 913-643-0111.